At Lidya, our vision is a future where every great business owner has fair and fast funding to build and grow high impact businesses. To achieve this, we use data-driven finance and technology to help great business owners build high-impact businesses in the fastest growing economies in the world. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria, Poland, and Czech Republic where close to 200,000 businesses have signed up for our service. Lidya is backed by Flourish Ventures, Accion, Bamboo Capital, Alitheia Capital and Newid Capital. Lidya has raised close to $15m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is run by Tunde Kehinde, the Co-Founder, and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde attended Harvard Business School for his MBA and graduated with honors with a bachelor’s in business administration from Howard University.
Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Finance Associate that believes in our vision and shares our values. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
- We are ambitious. We want to be number one. Lidya is for those is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less.
- We use data to back our decisions. Lidya is for those who dive into the details. Who are always in search of the truth. Who want to understand what the problem is and its root cause.
- We have high standards for our team and our customers. We never compromise on talent. We select, coach, and retain the best talent and give them the support to do their best work. We seek team members who want to delight our customers and offer solutions that help them have high impact and solve their needs.
- We take ownership and we persevere. We seek team members that are determined, skilled, courageous, and work intelligently every day to succeed and be number one.
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organization by providing leadership in all financial matters, including loan operations (disbursement and collection), budget development & implementation, planning & reporting, managing financial accounts, payroll, and treasury management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the finance team lead to develop and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
- Production of monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of financial performance against budget & cash flow, financial and operational goals.
- Work with bookkeeping partners to prepare draft audit accounts and be a liaison with the externally appointed auditor.
- Ensure accurate and on-time disbursements of approved loans to clients, including reconciliation of payments to the bank accounts and management of Lidya Treasury.
- Ensure accurate and on-time recollection of loan repayments from clients, including reconciliation of payments to the bank accounts.
- Engage with our partner banks and other financial institutions in respect of financing and liquidity initiatives of Lidya Nigeria.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 3 to 5 years+ of experience working with a Commercial Bank, Accounting Firm or Management Consulting Firm.
- High level of IT skills especially in accounting, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, information management, investments, or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
Apply for Finance Associate, Finance, Lagos - Nigeria
It was not possible to send your application.
Please, try again later or